WILL NOT GO INTO GEAR

Lexus

flabundant

November, 19, 2006 AT 5:19 PM

1998 es300 Lexus with 260,000 miles on it. This just started happening to me within the last three days. I was driving my car and I noticed the gear slipped just slightly. The following two days I drove it 400 miles plus, with no problems, except, the second day in the afternoon. Coming from a complete stop I would try to excelerate, the speedamotor would only go to 35mph and the rpms would rise from 2000 to 5000rpms within seconds. It seemed that when I would go up a hill, it would kick itself out of " [i: c63791aad0]Lazy Mode[/i: c63791aad0]" and get up and over the hill. Moments later I would try to excelerate and the speedamotor would decrease, to 5-10mph less than what was first read. The gears would go in and out of coasting.
What could be the problem?

Jack42

November, 28, 2006 AT 3:43 PM

Sounds liike the trans. Check the fluid level according to your manual, otherwise you might have to take it to a reputable trans shop

Transmission Service Ford Super Duty F-250
Transmission Fluid Replacement Mercedes Benz
Automatic Transmission Service
Transmission Drain and Refill Kia Sportage
Transmission Service Toyota Tacoma