GS 300 (2001 REG) - BREAK MASTER CYLINDER PROBLEM

• sapphire
  • 2001 Lexus

Hi,

I had a noise because of faulty pump of break master cylinder. Therefore I have replaced it and I knew to take the air out of the system which I did - 3 times thought. However there is still this noise and I loose breaks after a while. I have been told that there is a need for reseting of the computer and setting the correct valves to open at correct time. Please let me know what I do wrong as it was a lot of work to get rid of air in the system for 3 times and still have the air in.

Additionally I have noticed leak below master cylinder does this might cause the problem?
Thanks a lot in advance

Thursday, November 22nd, 2007 AT 3:32 AM

• merlin2021

You did not say what make this is. But any hydraulic brake system that has fluid leaking from it is inoperative. Did you "bench bleed" this master before you installed it? If it's true that a programming is needed, you will not be able to do it without the manufactures scantool!

Thursday, November 22nd, 2007 AT 8:52 AM