COOLANT RESERVOIR BOILING

1994 Lexus GS 300

JTrain

July, 30, 2009 AT 9:54 PM

Engine Cooling problem
1994 Lexus GS 300 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 201500 miles

I have been having problems with my cooling system in my 94 Lexus GS300. I had my radiator replaced and it was doing fine but then one day after driving on the freeway for about an hour and a half I saw the temp gauge was in the red. I pulled over and the coolant reservoir was full and bubbling. When it cooled down I opened the radiator cap and there was no fluid in the radiator. I filled that up and as long as I refill it every couple of weeks the temp does not go up, but the reservoir keeps boiling. Is this a water pump issue, or have I blown a head gasket? There is no white steam coming from the exhaust, and the coolant stays a clear green color in the reservoir and in the radiator. Also, I have had no problems with performance. What is going on? I had a pressure test done, the mechanic said there was a compression problem in the engine but he wasn't 100% sure on what it was.

Coolant Drain and Refill Acura MDX
Coolant Drain and Refill Chevrolet Tahoe
Radiator Coolant Drain and Refill Mini Cooper
Coolant Drain and Refill Scion XD
Coolant Drain and Refill