2001 LEXUS ES 300 AIRBAG LIGHT IS ON (NOT BLINKING) HOW TO

• 20LexusOwn01
  • 2001 LEXUS ES 300

2001 Lexus ES 300 6 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic 90000 miles

I was cleaning the Lexus so I took out both front seats and back and then the lower part of the dash board.

Reason: Cleaned Carpet.

Problem: I re-put everything back in the same way I took it out. I connected everything the same. Someone said that under the seat the battery wasn't connected or something, but it is. I herd there are also air bags in the seats?

Tried: I have tried what people said online about reseting air bag lights. I tried disconnecting battery in the certain way and I also tried putting the key in "ON" position and then opening the door and pushing the door sense? Button 5 times and then shutting the door and turning the car on.

Question: How do I reset the computer or whatever needed to reset the airbag light and make it disappear without going to the dealer?
I know that when the airbag light is blinking, that means there is a problem, but mine is just steady ON.

Monday, April 14th, 2008 AT 12:12 AM