LEFT REAR TURN SIGNAL NOT WORKING AND FRONT LEFT TURN SIGNAL COMES ON WHEN I HIT THE BRAKES.

• stacyscottjr
  • 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee
  • AWD
  • automatic

On my 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo, my left rear turn signal does not come on when I'm driving, but when I'm parked it works just fine. I replaced the bulb just in case, but the problem still exists. I also noticed that my front left turn signal comes on when I hit the brakes, which makes absolutely no sense to me. In addition, the left rear turn signal bulb works just fine when I turn on the hazards and when I hit the remote door lock key. I'm not sure what the problem is or how to fix it. Any ideas?

Wednesday, January 8th, 2014 AT 9:41 AM

• Jacobandnickolas

You have an electrical short or an open circuit at some point. Are you able to trace wiring and use a multi meter?

Wednesday, January 8th, 2014 AT 9:51 AM
  • stacyscottjr

I don't even know what a multi meter is. Although I'm mechanically inclined, I haven't spent much time working on cars. Can you explain what a multi meter is and how to use it?

Wednesday, January 8th, 2014 AT 10:56 AM
  • Jacobandnickolas

It is basically a device used to check for voltage, continunity. It is simple to use, but tracing wires through the vehicle can be a pain.

Wednesday, January 8th, 2014 AT 4:41 PM