RANGE 4.6 HSE TRANSMISSION PROBLEMS

1996 Rover Range Rover

willsaenz

October, 14, 2007 AT 9:19 PM

My trasmission was fine when I took it into the shop beacause of a rattling noise. It turned out that the flywheel was broken and needed to be replaced. When I picked it up the shifting felt a little different, then I turned it off and when I turned it back on, it wouldn't run at all. It felt like it was in park no matter what gear I put it in. Following morning I tried and it ran, didn't feel right, especially when I'd take off. Mechanic says my transmission is bad and I need to replace it. Claims that the broken flywheel damaged it. I never had any shifting problems until I picked it up from the shop. Is the mechanic right? And if so, how would the broken flywheel damage it. And why would't I feel anything before they replaced the flywheel?

Dave H

January, 5, 2010 AT 3:53 AM

It is possible the flywhell damaged the transmission. Are there any transmission fault codes stored in the PCM?

Transmission Drain and Refill Kia Sportage
Automatic Transmission Service
Transmission Service Ford Super Duty F-250