1998 LAND ROVER DISCOVERY ENGINE WONT START

• Outlaw72321
  • 1998 LAND ROVER DISCOVERY

1998 Land Rover Discovery V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 133300 miles

i was driving down the road came to a stop at a light and the truck died. It wouldnt turn over after that. It seems that its not getting fuel into it. I ve tried jumping it off but nothing. I got it to crank a few times and it would sputter then die again. The only other problem I have had is a rattling coming from what I believe is the exhaust. I thought it might be the catalytic converter. If that is the case please let mme know how to fix that as well. Please help

Wednesday, November 18th, 2009 AT 8:17 PM

• Rasmataz

Do below to determine if its fuel or spark problem

Get a helper disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, coil's resistances, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors and computer Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it

Wednesday, November 18th, 2009 AT 8:37 PM