OXYGEN SENSORS FOR A

2000 Kia Sportage

sportage7

December, 11, 2007 AT 7:42 PM

2000 Kia Sportage 4 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 110000 miles

The check engine light went on, so I got a Geniscanner to find the problem and it said
“ 02 Sensor Heater Circuit Malfunction (Bank 1 sensor 1)”

I bought universal oxygen sensors and twisted the wires together and solder them so they were tight, and shrink wrapped them. Would the type of solder matter for resistance?

The stores sold me the oxygen sensor with the 4 wires and I found out that the one they gave me is not the right one, even thought it has the 4 wires that it needs.

My question is are all the 4 wire sensors made to fit all cars. The store sold me on for $50 but the regular Kia universal sells for $110.

Also does the length of the wire matter?
The Kia needs two sensors, bank 1 (top is a longer wire) and 2 (bottom pass on exhaust system is a shorter wire)

I also changed to an universal sensor on the exhaust, hoping that this would help but it did not work.

I have to get the engine light off so I was wondering how to change the sensors so that the light comes off.

I deleted the engine light with the scanner machine, it went off, and then took a day to come back on.
I scanned it again and it said Oxygen sensor 1 and 2 now.

Oxygen Sensor Replacement Honda Civic 1996-20
Oxygen Sensor Replacement Dodge Stratus
Fail Your Smog Test? Fix it Fast