FUSIBLE LINKS

1998 Kia Sportage

Dsempire5650

April, 11, 2010 AT 10:30 AM

1998 Kia Sportage 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 112386 miles

i recently bought my 98 kia sportage. It had wire damage inside the front right fender. The tire had flung the tread and ripped the wiring that runs through the fender apart. I was able to repair every wire and reconnect them correctly. Color to color and size to size. I replaced the fuses and relays that blew from the damage. When I connected the battery and started the vehicle everything worked properly except for the brake, tail, and turn signals. I re checked the fuses and bulbs. All were ok. I used a test light to check the fusebox and was not getting power to the fuses for the interior/dash lights, brake, tail, or turn signals. I asked several people and they all told me it was the fusible links between the battery and fusebox. I need to know where the fusible links are located for these problems. I looked for diagrams but couldnt seem to find any. Please. Any help with this issue would be very appriciated. Thank you.

Fusible Link

Fusible Links