While driving on the highway, my 2004 Kia Spectra 2.0L died suddenly and wouldn't restart. Just "wrrrred." (If you catch my drift) We towed it home and I checked the timing belt, it is fine, not broken, nor are there missing teeth. Replaced the battery two months ago, checked the fuses and relays, all are fine. Plugs have spark, sprayed ether in the carburetor, still engine won't start.
Car was loosing power on uphill climbs (Above normal experience) for about 3 months previous to this. Replaced head gasket one year ago. Any ideas?
Fluids were all okay, although the engine clearly overheated when the engine died. Temp gauge did not register overheating, but when the car cruised to a stop I heard the distinctive bubbling sound.
Scanned inside code reader (under the driver dash) and no codes registered, the vehicle "passed." I do not have access to a diagnostic plug for the terminal under the hood.
have the same problem?
Monday, January 4th, 2010 AT 7:46 PM