2004 Kia Rio Pulley allignment to the CAM

OHIO28
  • 2004 KIA RIO
2004 Kia Rio 4 cyl Front Wheel Drive Automatic

The information I'm looking for is which way does the pulleys actually go back on each cam? When looking at pictures 100_1377, 1378, and 1379, the pins on each cam and the "I" and "E" on the pulleys. The pulleys can either go on the cam facing the "I" or the "E".

I understand how to allign the pulleys with the timing mark after the pulleys are on. But attaching the pulleys to the cam, do I also do the same for eah pulley with the cam pins? Meaning, while putting pulley on the back cam or Intake cam, do I also put the cam pin facing the "I"? And the same for Ehaust "E" on the right cam?

hey man thanks again.

OHIO28
Sunday, March 29th, 2009 AT 1:52 PM

RACEFAN966
Ok here is a pic of what it should look like when they are installed. Hope this helps. Thanks.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/249564_Graphic_60.jpg

Wednesday, April 1st, 2009 AT 10:40 AM
OHIO28
Racefan966---Sorry this is not what I'm asking. The picture 2CARPROs keep showing is the timing mark allignment after the pulleys are installed. I need information for installing the pulleys on the cams. See the pulleys can either go on at 12 or 6 o'clock. Which would effect the timing mark (the picture you attached).

I need the picture for putting on the pulleys on each cam. I wrote, "The information I'm looking for is which way does the pulleys actually go back on each cam? When looking at pictures 100_1377, 1378, and 1379, the pins on each cam and the "I" and "E" on the pulleys. The pulleys can either go on the cam facing the "I" or the "E".

I understand how to allign the pulleys with the timing mark after the pulleys are on. But attaching the pulleys to the cam, do I also do the same for eah pulley with the cam pins? Meaning, while putting pulley on the back cam or Intake cam, do I also put the cam pin facing the "I"? And the same for Ehaust "E" on the right cam?"

Please re-read the above question, yal have been great help in the past. Thank you

OHIO28.
Friday, April 3rd, 2009 AT 8:20 AM
RACEFAN966
The guide slots are pointed down best I can tell. Here is the only other pic I can find.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/249564_Graphic_62.jpg

Friday, April 3rd, 2009 AT 10:34 AM