2001 Kia Rio car wont start after it rains

• 1 POST
  • 2001 KIA RIO

2001 Kia Rio 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic

why would a 2001 kia rio not start after it rains?

Tuesday, December 8th, 2009 AT 7:59 PM

• 4 POSTS

I have had 2 rios before and now I have a 2005. I find that when I wash the car or after it rains or snows, the car has a lot of spots that pool water. Like where the rear glass meets the trunk lid, that spot pools water and then rusts the metal. The water also gets in most of the door jams and can get under the hood. Not only that, the water can sometimes leak on the inside of the car because of the seals of the windows.

Also, you know the rubber seal between the roof and the door frame? The glue wears out on that seal and water and air get in there too.

I have read on another forum that sometimes the fuse box can get moisture in it, and sometimes the fuses get some corrosion forming. The guy on that forum said he used some kind of water proof grease or something to coat the fuses, to avoid them from further getting wet. Dont do this please without finding out first if its safe. Who knows if that guy did the appropriate thing.

Do you have power windows? If water is leaking inside the door frames, then that might affect the electrical in there.

Anyway I hope you figure out what is going on with your car. Make sure your battery posts are free from corrosion and that the wires are on tight.

Good luck.

Saturday, January 30th, 2010 AT 7:24 PM