2001 SPECTRA WITH DYING ISSUES

• Orange.automatic
  • 2001 KIA

I have a 2001 Kia Spectra, app 74,000 mi, 4 cyl. It used to die frequently while driving and occasionally had trouble starting. I took it in and they replaced a crank angle sensor, which helped for awhile. It started dying again, but differently. It almost never dies while driving, however, it has trouble starting under the following conditions: a warmer day (60 plus F) and making several short trips consecutively (i.E, errands). During the winter I have never had trouble with this issue. The battery and alternator are fine and it will start after several minutes. It cranks but nothing else happens. I have taken it in several times and because it does not produce a code, they say they have no idea. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Wednesday, March 21st, 2007 AT 5:59 PM

• Dave H

This sounds exactly like a crank sesnor fault again. Try removing and cleaning it !

Saturday, April 11th, 2009 AT 8:33 AM

Other Crankshaft Crankshaft Position Sensor CKS Replace/Remove Questions