2004 KIA OPTIMA ENGINE STALLS AND WHILE DRIVING

• Cmyspot
  • 2004 KIA OPTIMA

2004 Kia Optima 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 104, 00 miles

I read the post for engine and fuel troubleshooting but I'm still not sure which my problem could be. It started about two weeks ago with just a hesitation once in a while. Then three days ago it started occassionlly cutting off when idling. At first is acts like it is flooded and is difficult to crank. After starting I can be driving and feel a hesitation then it shuts down. Yesterday it did about 7 times on I-95 interstate and now my check engine light stays lite. Will it damage anything to drive it?

Thank you,
Patricia Baine

Wednesday, May 19th, 2010 AT 7:54 AM

• Jntnfamily

Mine is doing the same thing. It started hesitating a few weeks ago. Then killed out altogether on the highway and restarted when I pushed the gas pedal. Since then it either hesitates or dies periodically without warning, usually while driving, sometimes while coming to a stop or turning. Engine light goes on & off. While it was off, Autozone code test showed an electrical issue. Where do we start? Powertrain ground? Does that make sense?

-2
Friday, June 1st, 2012 AT 12:27 AM