FRONT BRAKE REPAIR

2006 Jeep Wrangler

FFmadhat

Brakes problem
2006 Jeep Wrangler 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 27000 miles

I recently replaced the front brake pads and rotors on my 2006 jeep wrangler X. It makes a slight clunking noise when I apply the brakes. The braking is fine and I dont have any pulling or shaking with the steering wheel. I put the shims that came with the pads onto the trailing end of the pads as per instructions. Used brake grease on all applicable parts. I used Wagner Therm Quiet ceramic brake pads and Wagner rotors. When I installed the brake pads I installed them with the fork end pointing up and the single post with the shim pointing down. The problem is more annoying that anything else is there anything I can do?

Front Disc Pads

Rear Brake Pads

mechcurt

January, 29, 2009 AT 10:19 AM

Not reallly familair with those pads I guess. Sounds like you did it all correct or at least used all the right stuff. Take a wheel off and try and turn the rotor while watching the brake pads. There should not be any movement in the pads as far as moving inside the calipers. This may be the clunk you are hearing? Let me know Curt

Brake Pad and Rotor Replacement - Front
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement - Front Ford
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement
Brake Pad & Rotor Replacement Acura TL
Brake Pad/Rotor Replacement