2004 Jeep Wrangler engine wont rev. While moving

1923FORD
  • 2004 JEEP WRANGLER
My jeep starts, runs, revs fine clear up to the redline while parked in my drive way.

on the street, it will rev fine in first gear ONLY, but 2nd-5th gear, it will not rev past 3000rpm. Even while rolling, if I simply push in the clutch, and put the gas pedal to the floor, it will NOT rev past 3000rpm.

it is not throwing any OBD codes, i've replaced the TPS (2times), fuel pump, spark plugs, spark plug boots, new radiator.

HELP!
Saturday, April 24th, 2010 AT 8:47 PM

See my profile, Have you kept up with TRUE scheduled maintenence? (See a manual)

If you haven't changed your fuel filter on time, MAYBE ITS TIME. It should have maybe already been done, Do it!, Whats it gonna hurt?

Sounds like you've got, just enough fuel to Tach out at idle, But when there is a real demand (under load) it just can't keep up.

Another possibility, is a stopped up fuel line, or a crimped off fuel line.

Other than that, check in Troubleshooting, in the manual you really should own!

It will be right there, when you are scratching your head, off on the shoulder. Its a whole new world opened up about how to take care of your rig properly.

Tell me if I made ANY kind of difference, with my answer.

Love, Turddog
Sunday, April 25th, 2010 AT 3:48 PM
1923FORD
You have got to be kidding me with this lame response. You didn't even research my vehicle enough to know there is not fuel filter in the system. What a f'n joke. And I donated money for this crap response. FAIL!
Sunday, April 25th, 2010 AT 8:51 PM
Turddog sits at computer with broke foot.

15 months now.

Reseaching Turddogs profile you will see, his specialty is CJs. (he even tells you to look at his profile, every answer.)

Turddog is a plumber.

Turddog is a member, just like you....NO PAY

Actually, The Turddog response was FREE! (print it and keep it as my Free gift to you)

And YES, Turddog does give, real good advice to fellow members! (every time, they read his profile!)

Turddog stays up late at night sometimes, just looking for that guy, that he MIGHT really help out, to get his rig going, and ease his mind.

Turddog has been in many MAJOR BINDS before and wished that someone would have, at least thrown a bone, anything to get him out of a bad, maybe financial (towing) Situation.

Turddog is sorry, that his answer did not suit you, even though it was thrown to you in a timely manner. Just trying to help you out of your bind.

These other guys usually swoop in behind me, and throw other possibilities, or reinforce my answer. Maybe they still will!

If you had a CJ, we could be really good buddies!

Love, Turddog

Turddog not stupid, Turddog has had 7 REAL JEEPS, Last 3, including this one; Total Rebuild--From Ground-Up...............................A L L B Y M Y S E L F ! ! !

I DO KNOW HOW TO FIX MINE (EVERY ASPECT), I STARTED OUT, WITH A CHILTONS MANUAL, BACK IN '82, WHEN I WAS A U.S. ARMY AIRBORNE RANGER! (not too many WHINEY people there)

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/411289_GOOD_OLE_WILLY_1.jpg

Sunday, April 25th, 2010 AT 11:09 PM