1999 Jeep Wrangler proportioning valve in front of booster

WALTREPAIRS
  • 1999 JEEP WRANGLER
I have a small wet looking area (very small) at the front of the proportioning valve. It appears to me that this PV may be leaking. What would be the proof that the valve is bad.? Can this valve be removed and the guts taken out and this plunger taken out and the hole be welded closed. I don't do off road and brakes from the past did not have this P. Valve >> Is there any cure to my problem other than buying a new prop. Valve? The power booster works fine and the lines are in tact and the wheels do not appear to have a brake fluid leak.
Thanks for the help and nice web site. Walt
Sunday, August 22nd, 2010 AT 12:44 PM

See my profile.....this is sorta crappy...I do not know your rig well...or its brake system.

On a CJ the Master Cylinder is in front of the Brake Booster and the Proportioning Valve is a Small rectangular block down on the frame rail, near the clutch linkage...It has several lines in and out of it.

Upon investigation...looks like now-a-days, the PV might be built into the Master Cylinder. Go to:
https://www.2carpros.com/topics/brake-system/proportioning-valve
Let me know how you fare

The Medic
Thursday, August 26th, 2010 AT 7:16 AM

Sponsored links