1989 Jeep Wrangler

• 1 POST

1989 Jeep Wrangler 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Manual

if I pump the gas a few times my jeep will run for a few minutes then shuts right down

Wednesday, September 15th, 2010 AT 9:26 AM

SEE MY PROFILE, Imma CJ Guy.....I might can help, but no promises!

Yours is Carburated?

I do not know your rig well, so bear with me.

I kinda can help on carbs---(I do CJs) I do not know yours

If you stayed on the gas once it fired up, will it RPM up or does it just die?

Does it only fire with the key in the "Start Position" then die when you release the key?

Or does it spit and sputter before "Dieage" Occurs?

As you can see every detail may be important!

What about a week/ month ago, how did it act?

Has/Have You or your EVIL Buddy just been-a turning and messing with stuff in there......Like maybe before the Ceiling collapes slowly on top of us (crushing us), we can find the release, in the nick of time!!!!????...........Any Ink-a-ling of an idea, if things got put back as they were, before the Evil Buddy came along?

Are you able and confident and have tools and maybe a repair manual to "HELP US (ME) HELP YOU"?

OK, enough said now,

You will see I am not a really good Author......sometimes I talk in circles it seems.

I DO NOT WANT YOU TO DO ANYTHING YET, JUST READ THRU THIS (BELOW) Its about a CJ 7, carb issues etc.......alot you see will not be on your rig so just read and take it in, till you reply.

CJ Carb, adjusting is on page 2 near the end....take in the entire post anyway!

This might show you things----A repair manual could help you thru!

Respond, let me know everything you have done, and Sceduled maintence you have not!

You are sorta maybe lucky, I am a member just like you 'cept I answer alot and do not get paid here like the certified fellers.

I do have 2 CJ manuals that include Wranglers 1987-1990..............But still, I have little hands on, on your rig.

Respond with all answers!

The Medic

Wednesday, September 15th, 2010 AT 11:33 AM