ELECTRONIC EGNITION

1987 Jeep Wrangler

steveranker

November, 4, 2009 AT 4:16 PM

1987 Jeep Wrangler 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic

my nephewe brought his jeep over to get it started someone has tried to rewire it. I have power to the coil, but no spark. Where do I locate the electronic ignition? Has new coil, new starter solinoid, turns over, and has fuel, but no spark.

mikeyreyna1

February, 4, 2012 AT 11:51 PM

Its inside the fender under the master cylinder its an old ford type ignition module ( about a 5"x5" square aluminum )

February, 5, 2012 AT 1:48 AM

THIS IS WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/Duralast-Ignition-Control-Module/1987-Jeep-Wrangler-4WD/_/N-iibqeZ9n80t?itemIdentifier=118422_300759_0_

TO DISCONNECT IT, GRASP THE WIRES ON EITHER SIDE OF THE CONNECTORS AND PULL---DIGGING IN IT W/ A SCREWDRIVER, JUST BREAKS OFF THE LOCKING TABS....BESIDES, THE FACTORY MANUALS TELL YOU TO DO IT THE WAY I DESCRIBED

TEST IT 5-8 TIMES AT THE PARTS STORE---DO THE SAME IF YOU GET A NEW ONE, BEFORE YOU LEAVE.....DON'T ASK!!!

I DO CJs AND HAVE ANSWERED MOST OF 'EM FOR THE LAST 2+ YEARS....I MAY CAN HELP YOU TOO....MAYBE!

GIVE SOME BIG-TIME HISTORY, WHAT'S BEEN DONE/ MODIFIED---HAS IT RUN FOR YOU?....ANYTHING ELSE THAT MIGHT AID ME

DECENT PICS HELP TOO!

Ignition Coil System Test Repair - All Cars
Ignition System Test Guide
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet