Vehicle RUNning badly

SCOTT FLENNER
  • 1987 JEEP WRANGLER
I replace the distributor, wires, plugs, ignition and module. I was running bad, now it will not start.

Thursday, October 20th, 2016 AT 1:22 AM

AL514
You may have to do a fuel pressure test. Have you changed the fuel filter lately? Also, It is always good to do that during a tune up. The vehicle is a bit older, so you may have to go through and check some other systems in this situation. Did you move the distributor at all during your tune up, possibly putting the ignition timing off? There is a Vacuum Advance Unit on the distributor that controls ignition timing also. The running bad condition could be a few things, so we will have to narrow it down a little at first. Let us know what you find and we will keep checking this thing out so you can get it back on the road.
Thursday, October 20th, 2016 AT 2:15 AM
RENEE
Hello Scott,

Here is a helpful link to an article from this site explaining the process of checking the fuel pressure yourself. If you decide you would like do this yourself you can purchase a fuel pressure gauge online from sites like Amazon.com.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-fuel-system-pressure-and-regulator

Thank you for visiting 2CarPros.com.

Kindest regards,

Renee
Admin
Thursday, October 20th, 2016 AT 1:44 PM
AL514
Do you have the means to check for spark also, making sure all your wires are on tight and not connections to the coil or ignition module are loose.
Thursday, October 20th, 2016 AT 4:18 PM