OBD CODE P 0700

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee

bpy5008

October, 19, 2010 AT 11:07 AM

2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 115000 miles

A few months ago my jeep kicked into what the garage called a limp home mode which means my transmission control module locks my jeep in second gear and my check engine light came on with the obd code of p 0700. However, once I restart my jeep the transmission goes back to shifting normal and the check engine light will go back off in about thirty to forty miles. I have had my jeep in and out of multiple garages and have racked up well over a thousand dollars in it including replacing the transmission control module and no one can seem to find the issue. There seems to be no paticular setting that makes the transmission kick into this mode it just happens at random. Since the fall has set in it seems to happen alot less often ie. Once a month. As opposed to the once a week it happened all through the summer. Any input would be appreciated. Thank you!

Transmission Control Module Replacement