SECURITY SYSTEM WON'T LET ME START

1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee

atticus0420

October, 5, 2010 AT 9:05 AM

1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee V8 Four Wheel Drive Automatic 190000 miles

I have a 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo that is having " issues". I get in it to start it and it doesn't even turn over, then the lights start flashing and the interior security light starts blinking. I have to get out of the car, lock the door, unlock the door to disable the security, then try to start it again. I have to do this over, and over, and over, until finally the jeep starts. It almost acts as if there is a kill switch that is screwing up and preventing me from starting the car. The thing is, I had a mechanic friend of mine look at it and he says there is not a kill switch. What the heck is going on and how can I fix this cheaply. Money is definitely an issue.

jeepguy66

February, 18, 2012 AT 7:10 PM

I was told the security system is at fault, and would need to be replace! Only choice is to do what you are doing and enter with key through passenger door.