Window Rainguard(?) Trouble


Hello. I am trying to repair a small problem with a 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. There is a part on the exterior of the door at the base of the side window, I don't know its name (perhaps 'moulding' or 'rain guard'?). It is normally attached at the bottom of the window, and part of it presses against the glass to keep the rain out as the window rolls up and down. However, one end has come unattached. The other end seems to be glued down, but I'm not sure. I would like to know what this is made of (rubber? vinyl?), and what the best adhesive would be to re-attach it (it will be glued to painted metal). Some pictures of the situation are below. The white markings are the remains of duct tape.

I don't want this thing flying off while I'm on the highway, or letting rain get into the electric window system. Thanks very much for any help.

Best Regards,

Do you
have the same problem?
Saturday, December 9th, 2006 AT 2:30 PM

0 Replies

Please login or register to post a reply.

Related Window Moulding Questions

Recommended articles