• Tiny
  • wbrockway
  • 2002 Jeep Cherokee

I recently went and got an oil change and a tire rotation and it was noted at that time that I had an excessive leak under my Jeep coming from the muffler area and that it meant that my headgasket was about to go and to have it checked out at a garage asap. So I took my Jeep to the dealership who stated they didn't see any excessive leak coming from the tail pipe and nothing was wrong. Not sure if they looked at the headgasket or not. I did have them flush my coolent. Do you still think that I may have a problem and how could I determine if I have a headgasket issue?

I truly appreciate your help on this matter.

Wednesday, October 17th, 2007 AT 2:34 PM

1 Answer

  • Tiny
  • merlin2021
  • Expert
  • 17,583 posts

Use a radiator pressure tester, follow the instuctions to detect a head gasket leak! I would believe the dealer before I would believe the guys at a lube joint!

Was this
Wednesday, October 17th, 2007 AT 2:40 PM

Please login or register to post a reply.

Similar Questions