LONG CRANKING TIMES.

2000 Jeep Cherokee

flyer182

July, 24, 2010 AT 3:09 PM

2000 Jeep Cherokee 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 131000 miles

Hi all, I can't really fined anyone thats had quite the same problem as me so I thought I would ask you guys. I have a 2000 XJ with 130,000 on it, I bought it about 3 weeks ago and ever since I bought it its been hard to start. It takes about 6 seconds of cranking to get it to start and then it runs and drives fine. After I start it once it strats right up, then after about 20min or more of sitting I have to crank it for another 6 seconds or so to get it started again. I dont think its the battery because the starter turns good through the 6 seconds of cranking everytime. Also pushing the gas pedal down has no effect on starting it and turning the key on and off a few times doesn't work either.

Here's what ive done so for to try and fix it:
Replaced fuel pump and check valve (has good presure)
Replaced spark plugs
Replaced coil
Replaced Coolant temp sensor
Had CPS checked and is fine.
There aren't any error codes either.

I think its a ignition problem because it has good fuel presure. I srayed some starter fluid in the air intake to see if it would sart faster and it didnt so i'm guessing there's no spark for the first few seconds of cranking.
Any help would be great thanks!

1991 Hard To Start

Engine Does Not Stay Running

Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement
Fuel Pump Replacement Done Right
Fuel Pump Replacement Ford Mustang
Fuel Pump Test Chevy Tahoe