Windshield wipers quit and cant find fuse?

KIMODAN
  • 1999 JEEP CHEROKEE
Computer problem 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 130000 miles

My wipers stopped working as if a fuse blew. I checked the manual but no fuse for front wipers was listed. I also checked the Power Distribution box under the hood but still can not find a fuse for the front wipers. I went to an auto zone and looked in a repair manual for my jeep and in the wiring diagram it shows a 7.5 amp fuse for the wipers in the fuse block, but it doesn't exist. I also called some jeep dealers and they say its in the fuse block. Please help!
Friday, February 15th, 2008 AT 6:10 PM

LALORENZO
There is a detailed listing of your fuse box.It looks like the wipers run off a breaker (#30)instead of a fuse Every electrical component in your car is fused. Here is a guide and some diagrams (below) so you can get the problem fixed.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-a-car-fuse

Please let us know what happens.

Cheers
-1
Sunday, February 17th, 2008 AT 12:55 AM
KIMODAN
I have checked the manual from cover to cover also a chiltons repair manual which says there is a 7.5 amp fuse for the wipers but doesn't tell where it is. I even pulled every fuse inside and under the hood in the power distribution box to check them in case of mislabeling but they are all good. Where ever it is, its not in a obvious location.
Sunday, February 17th, 2008 AT 12:43 PM
JTHOMPSON
I am having the same problem with my 99 Jeep Cherokee. There is nothing in the manual indicating which fuse is connected to the wipers, very strange. I think I will take it in to the mechanic.

It's not the fuse on mine though because the wiper fluid still works. And I can hear the motor. I think the motor is either not grounded, or is on its last leg. Have you resolved your issue yet?
Friday, February 29th, 2008 AT 8:29 AM
KIMODAN
The wiper motor had quit so the mechanic replaced it
He did a quick check to look for the fuse but could not find it either. But there was power to the motor so he didnt have to look for the fuse.
+1
Friday, February 29th, 2008 AT 1:54 PM