Turn signal relay

JRMS93
  • 1996 JEEP CHEROKEE
Electrical problem 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 158450 miles

im replacing my turn signal relay and am wondering if I need to have the exact same flasher? I found several at auto zone that have 2 and 3 terminals, the one I unplugged has 5
Friday, July 10th, 2009 AT 10:06 AM

MERLIN2021
Here is the entire electrical relay and fuse system so you can see whats going on and where to find the turn signal relay. The call it an electronic flasher. Fifth diagram over.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-check-an-electrical-relay-and-wiring-control-circuit

Check out the diagrams (Below)

Please let us know what you find. We are interested to see what it is.

Cheers
+1
Friday, July 10th, 2009 AT 10:13 AM
JRMS93
I know for a fact that there are 2 relays/flashers that control the hazards and the turn signals, red turn signals, blue hazards, and its not a fuse, thats the first place I looked, all the fuses are fine
+2
Friday, July 10th, 2009 AT 10:16 AM
MERLIN2021
Okay let me get the wiring diagram so we can see whats going on. Yep just one flasher check it out (below)
Friday, July 10th, 2009 AT 10:22 AM
JRMS93
Okay great I found the flasher unit and replaced it everything working great job for me thank you I cant believe this site is free god bless.
+1
Friday, July 10th, 2009 AT 10:28 AM