1994 Jeep Cherokee headlights and running lights having pro

530JEEPDRIVER
  • 1994 JEEP CHEROKEE
I had an issue with my head lights before where they would shut off and then turn back on when I pushed the headlight switch in then pulled it back out. Then they stopped working completely so I replaced the switch and everything worked fine, then I noticed that my turn signals were acting up and shortly after that my dashlights and running lights went out. I replaced the fuse that it blew but that one blew again to. So I think that it could be one of the relays or maybe the combination buzzer but im not sure
Wednesday, January 27th, 2010 AT 7:36 PM

Thanks for the donation, can you tell us the amp rating of the fuse that keeps blowing? I was trying to find what all was on the fuse circuit, just not sure which fuse? That fuse serves several circuits. In the picture for the headlamp switch, the dark blue wire with red tracer goes to the fog lamp relay. I had to enlarge the picture to make it readable. When I enlarge, I can only capture a small part of diagram.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/170934_instrument_panel_lamps_jeep_1.jpg

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/170934_headlamp_switch_jeep_1.jpg

Wednesday, January 27th, 2010 AT 8:12 PM
530JEEPDRIVER
Its a 15amp fuse and its number 15
Wednesday, January 27th, 2010 AT 8:18 PM
SCOTTY DEE
Relays and chime are okay. There is a direct short in that circuit. You will need a wiring diagram in order to locate the short in the turn signals, dash lights, & running lights. They may share a common ground.
Wednesday, January 27th, 2010 AT 8:22 PM
530JEEPDRIVER
Alright but the chime acts up also sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt and sometimes it sounds really weak
Wednesday, January 27th, 2010 AT 8:28 PM
530JEEPDRIVER
Well I checked out the license plate light pulled it out put a new fuse in and my dash lights work and all of my running lights work now so it must have been the license plate light but my blinkers are still acting up
Wednesday, January 27th, 2010 AT 9:57 PM
SCOTTY DEE
You're cooking with gas daddy! Keep it up.
Wednesday, January 27th, 2010 AT 10:01 PM