CHEREKEE

1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee

jeepstir

May, 7, 2013 AT 10:42 AM

Wont start, replaced, cap, rotor, plugs, wires camsensor. Cranksensor, fuelpump and sender unit. Compression test, and checked fuses, and relays. I do have a spark and am getting gas to fuel rail, Will not start with all these new parts.

May, 7, 2013 AT 11:01 AM

Have you tried testing for trouble codes? Have you checked the fuel injectors for voltage and ground?

To check for codes, you turn the key just till the dash lites come on, no further. Cycle the key, on--off, on--off, on--off, on, then the mil on the dash starts flashing, you count the flashes to get the codes. Your looking for two digit codes.

jeepstir

May, 7, 2013 AT 11:14 AM

I checked codes and got 12 55, No I did not check fuel injectors for voltage and grn. How do I do that? I do have muilti meter, give me some direction

jeepstir

May, 7, 2013 AT 11:18 AM

What is the compression suposed to be on the cylinders? Im reading 110-120-120-120-124-124

May, 7, 2013 AT 11:29 AM

You have to do testing with engine cranking. Did you check for spark with engine cranking?

In the diagram, for fuel injectors, the top wire is voltage. The bottom wire is ground. Check with engine cranking. You might be able to check injector pulse, using a noid lite. I'm not sure your digital multimeter will check for a pulse? It will if it has a min/max feature. Might work with tach or duty cycle setting?

May, 7, 2013 AT 11:31 AM

jeepstir

May, 7, 2013 AT 11:35 AM

YES, I check for spark while motor is cranking, dont know any other way to do it.I do not have noid lights.

When trying to start the motor sounds like its trying to start just wont come all the way.

jeepstir

May, 7, 2013 AT 11:41 AM

In the diagram, for fuel injectors, the top wire is voltage, Ok which is top wire? Mine are side by side. Got a color code? And what voltage am I looking for?

May, 7, 2013 AT 12:15 PM

You don't have to keep popping questions. I'll get to you as quick as I can. Your not the only person I'm trying to help. All your doing is clogging up my email.

Give a dam second and I'll try to post diagram. I doubt it will help you, I'll try anyway.

May, 7, 2013 AT 12:25 PM

Hope it works this time.
http://s13.postimg.org/wt0piq9fb/fuel_injectors.jpg
how to take a screen shot

The normal compression is around 120--150 psi. The difference between cylinders should be more than 30 psi.

jeepstir

May, 8, 2013 AT 12:33 PM

Okay Im done with you pal, have a nice day.

Crankshaft Position Sensor Replace Chevrolet
Crank Angle Sensor Replacement Mercedes Benz
Fuel Pump Pressure Test
Fuel Pump Replacement