JEEP CHEREKEE

• jeepstir
  • 1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Wont start, replaced, cap, rotor, plugs, wires camsensor. Cranksensor, fuelpump and sender unit. Compression test, and checked fuses, and relays. I do have a spark and am getting gas to fuel rail, Will not start with all these new parts.

Tuesday, May 7th, 2013 AT 10:42 AM

• JDL

Have you tried testing for trouble codes? Have you checked the fuel injectors for voltage and ground?

To check for codes, you turn the key just till the dash lites come on, no further. Cycle the key, on--off, on--off, on--off, on, then the mil on the dash starts flashing, you count the flashes to get the codes. Your looking for two digit codes.

Tuesday, May 7th, 2013 AT 11:01 AM
  • jeepstir

I checked codes and got 12 55, No I did not check fuel injectors for voltage and grn. How do I do that? I do have muilti meter, give me some direction

Tuesday, May 7th, 2013 AT 11:14 AM
  • jeepstir

What is the compression suposed to be on the cylinders? Im reading 110-120-120-120-124-124

Tuesday, May 7th, 2013 AT 11:18 AM
  • JDL

You have to do testing with engine cranking. Did you check for spark with engine cranking?

In the diagram, for fuel injectors, the top wire is voltage. The bottom wire is ground. Check with engine cranking. You might be able to check injector pulse, using a noid lite. I'm not sure your digital multimeter will check for a pulse? It will if it has a min/max feature. Might work with tach or duty cycle setting?

Tuesday, May 7th, 2013 AT 11:29 AM
  • jeepstir

YES, I check for spark while motor is cranking, dont know any other way to do it.I do not have noid lights.

When trying to start the motor sounds like its trying to start just wont come all the way.

Tuesday, May 7th, 2013 AT 11:35 AM
  • jeepstir

In the diagram, for fuel injectors, the top wire is voltage, Ok which is top wire? Mine are side by side. Got a color code? And what voltage am I looking for?

Tuesday, May 7th, 2013 AT 11:41 AM
  • JDL

You don't have to keep popping questions. I'll get to you as quick as I can. Your not the only person I'm trying to help. All your doing is clogging up my email.

Give a dam second and I'll try to post diagram. I doubt it will help you, I'll try anyway.

Tuesday, May 7th, 2013 AT 12:15 PM
  • JDL

Hope it works this time.
http://s13.postimg.org/wt0piq9fb/fuel_injectors.jpg
how to take a screen shot

The normal compression is around 120--150 psi. The difference between cylinders should be more than 30 psi.

Tuesday, May 7th, 2013 AT 12:25 PM
  • jeepstir

Okay Im done with you pal, have a nice day.

Wednesday, May 8th, 2013 AT 12:33 PM
  • JDL

Didn't mean to be rude. As far as the fuel injectors in the diagram, look at the wire colors. In the diagram the top wires are voltage, dark green with black tracer. The bottom wire is ground controlled by the pcm.

Hope you got it fixed by now. Sometimes I'm trying to help several people at the same time. It can get frustrating, not your fault.

I try to help everybody the same, whether they donated or not. Usually you can get your donation back if you don't like the answer. I don't control donations.

Tuesday, March 25th, 2014 AT 11:24 AM