2001 JAGUAR S-TYPE OVERHEATED

• MELISSAALVIS
  • 2001 Jaguar XJS

My husband and I just recently bought a 2001 Jaguar S-Type with 39,000 miles. Yesterday I was driving the jag and all of a sudden the air started blowing out hot and I noticed the tempature hit the red zone and give me a temature warning. I immeditaly shut it off and called my husband. When he got to me he noticed that the radiator cap was a little loose and tightened it up and since then it has not overheated. We drove it last night a little and noticed it did not sound like the fan was running once we cut it off. Which if I rememebr coreclty it always ran once I shut it off. We called the Jag dealership and they said it sounds like a thermostat issue. Does that sound right?

Thursday, June 8th, 2006 AT 10:47 AM

• Jack42

Could be. But if the cooling/ac fans arent working it will definitly overheat. Start the car and turn on a/c, fan should come on as engine gets warmer.

Tuesday, September 12th, 2006 AT 2:44 PM