1998 JAGUAR XJ8 VANDEN PLAS WON'T START

• Berrytc
  • 1998 JAGUAR XJ8

My wife recently parked her 1998 Jaguar XJ8 Vanden Plas in the garage with the gas gauge showing below the "reserve" mark. We left town for a few days in another car, and the next time she tried to start her car, it would not start. We added 5 gal of gas to the tank and tried to start it again with no success. The car ran fine before this. I have checked the inertia switch and it is fine. I also checked the fuses for the fuel pump, etc. And they are also OK. The engine turns over with the starter, but will not start. I have not yet disconnected the fuel lines to check for fuel flow or checked the spark, as I am hoping there may be a simpler fix or check I can do. Any advice? Thank you.

Tuesday, December 19th, 2006 AT 11:33 AM

• Fstranger302

Hello sounds like the fuel pump went bad. I would first try and disconecting battery for 5 minuts and if the car starts great. If it does not then pull the fuel lines and turn the key on. Good luck

Tuesday, December 19th, 2006 AT 9:33 PM