1998 Jaguar XJ8 NO start No reason

JLSAYLER
  • 1998 JAGUAR XJ8
1998 Jag XJ8.
Yesterday morning when I went to start it, it wouldn't turn over. There was no indication up until this point that there was a problem. My husband said that he had a simalarr problem last winter (in Minnesota). He generally did not drive it in the winter in Minnesota to avoid salt so when he went to start it the battery was not strong enough to start it. We were told that the battery must be better than 100% to start it because of all of the electrical and that when it is not driven often enough for long enough the battery does not recharge to capacity.

I probably did not drive it enough-I had taken it at least a couple of times in the last week for very short drives (less than 3 miles each way). My neighbor and I recharged the battery and replaced it with a new one that we had brought along but it would not start without a jump. Once we jumped in on a full battery it started and sounds terrific. But when I turned it off and tried to restart it (the battery was registering full) it just clicked.

At this moment I am letting the engine run in hopes of getting a better 100+ charge to see if it will restart after letting it run about an hour.

I was recently discharged from the hospital with a collapsed lung, serveral broken ribs and internal bleeding of my liver so I am petrified of being stranded somehwere.
Friday, October 16th, 2009 AT 12:16 PM

DAVE H
Replace the battery with new for vehicle
Thursday, December 31st, 2009 AT 9:45 PM