NO START JUST CLICK PROBLEM

1995 Jaguar XJ6

Customdiecast

January, 14, 2010 AT 11:36 AM

1995 Jaguar XJ6

Ive had this Jaguar for a year now and on a couple occasions when you go to start it you turn the key and all that will happen is a click. Put it in neutral and again just a click. The click sounds like its coming from, what I would think, is the selenoid on the starter. In the past I have tapped the starter and within a couple minutes of it not starting it will.

Last Friday I came out of a store and it would only click. I could not do anything so I got a ride and came back the next morning only to have the car start fine. I then drove it (on and off) to a few places until monday afternoon when the same problem happened again. It is now Thursday and the car still only clicks.

Upon asking others I have done and checked a few things.

Battery is fully charged and getting good contact. Plus the car has been a AZ car its whole like so no rust issues.

I was told if the brake light switch is bad it will do this, check that and its fine.

I also have been told it could be the neutral safety switch but where is it located and what kinda part number does it have.

Here is the other thing. I have an identical, front end hit, 95 Jaguar parts car so I can grab whatever is needed off that but kinda need to know what direction to go in.

Thanks in advance. Donation could be forthcoming

Docfixit

Seems faulty solenoid and or armeture I'd hang a starter on it

Battery Replacement Ford Escape 2000-2006
Battery Replacement Honda Civic 2006-2011
Battery Replacement Ford Contour 1996-2000
Battery Replacement
Battery Replacement Guide