1994 JAGUAR XJ40 1994 XJ40 WILL NOT START

• warwolfwallace
  • 1994 Jaguar XJ40

1994 Jaguar XJ40 6 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic

hello, this is the problem that I have, I started my car to go home from work, I set of then had to stop within 10 yards as I had forgot something, when I came back to the car it would not start, it just turnd over nothing happend, the first thing I did was to check the oil as I had done a couple of 100 miles the day before, it was not showing on the dipstick, so I put some oil in, tryed to start the car just the same, next thing that I did was to see if there was a spark at the plugs there was, after that I checked to see if there was any petrol getting though, there was not, after that I took out every fuse, they were all ok, tryed to start the car again, this time it would not evan turnover, when I tryed all the interior lights would go out and the lightning flash would come up on the dashboard and sometimes the vcm would say fuse 1, I am stumped please help. Thanks george

Friday, November 28th, 2008 AT 12:00 PM

• Dave H

Charge/replace the battery. Check check the inertia fuel cut off switch and fuel pump fuse

Wednesday, January 6th, 2010 AT 4:30 AM