2006 Jaguar X-Type car shaking and wistling noise

HANNAHLEE3
  • 2006 JAGUAR X-TYPE
  • AWD
I just noticed as of tonight that when I drive over 60 mph my car starts shaking pretty bad. On a scale of 1-10, one being slightly shaking and 10 very scary, I'd say it's about a 3 or 4.

My husband drove with me two seperate times tonight just to make sure it wasn't just from snow being under the wheels or something. It didn't shake when I drove 55 mph or less, it was only when I starting driving over 60mph that the car shook along with my stearing wheel. There were no other problems with stearing and stuff. I live in New England in MA and we just finished getting a snow storm. Just to add in a factor here.

What do you think the shaking could be? This hasn't happened in the year that I have had it.

Also, there is like a whistling noise that comes out of the vents in my car while driving. It doesn't matter what speed or if I have the heat/ac on or not. But I notice it more when I am going at a lower speed vs. Higher. This was fixed last year during the winter. I didn't have any problems with it during the spring-fall time when the weather was still warm. I think it might be a quirk with the type of car and the cold weather.

The Jaguar dealer should be getting in touch with me tomorrow(Jan 4th) to have it checked out.

If you could get back to me on your thoughts, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
Sunday, January 3rd, 2010 AT 8:45 PM

DAVE H
Have the wheels balanced.
Tuesday, January 5th, 2010 AT 5:38 AM