2003 Jaguar S-Type Cooling fan

JPERSICO67
  • 2003 JAGUAR S-TYPE
Hi,
my 2003 S type seems to run hot at idle. I took it for a 2 hour drive on the highway and the temp guage was at the halfway mark the whole ride. When I finally stopped and let it idle the tempature rose and the engine temp warning came on. I do not see any leaks. I don't notice any change in performance and the oil is not milky. The water pump and thermostat were replaced 6 months ago. I cant see or hear if the cooling fan is coming on or not because of it's location. The fuses look ok and the relay and fuse for the cooling fan appear to be ok but I have not tested them. (Replaced the fuses). Outside tempature is roughly 65 degrees.

Any suggestions/diagnosis?
Saturday, September 18th, 2010 AT 10:34 AM

JAGTECH360
What engine is in this car? You should be able to hear the fan from the front of the car, especially if it is getting that hot. Has the thermostat been replaced? Could possibly be the cooling fan module.
Tuesday, September 28th, 2010 AT 10:36 PM
BRITTANY021
What was the solution? Bc my 2001 V8 has the same issues.
Sunday, January 2nd, 2011 AT 9:04 PM
JAGTECH360
Brittany, the 8 cylinders were notorious for thermostat issues. Rarely there have been waterpump impeller issues but start with the thermostat. Brian
Sunday, January 2nd, 2011 AT 10:47 PM