2001 Jaguar S-Type Vehicle won't start :o(

CHOSENAKA
  • 2001 JAGUAR S-TYPE
2001 Jaguar S-Type 6 cyl Automatic 118000 miles

2 weeks ago, I got out the when I removed the key from the igntion I notice the car was stil running! A mechanic that changed the ignition swithch in Nov told me he witnessed this with my car, this was the first for me! He advised me to pull fuse 18 under the hood if this ever happens, so I did. I started the car drove home and it wouldn't start. Another mechanic told me it was the electircal portion of the the ignition switch (the other portion I previously replaced was cylinder shaped). I purchased the part and he called me and told me the car starts now, but won't shut off unless the fuse 18 is pulled, his I drove it to a shop that usually does the maintainence on the car, it was after hours, they told me 2 days later that the car never started for them and they believe it is a problem with the security system / computer and it would need to go to the dealer. I planned to trade the car in this weekend. In the past year I've changed 2 ignition coils, O2 sensors, igntion switch ball joints, rotors, brakes and tires, andwindow regulators the car is very well maintained! Please advise me of some things I should check before dropping big money into repairing this pretty headache of a car. Thanks.
Tuesday, May 5th, 2009 AT 3:40 PM

JACK42
Well I can tell you the headaches wont stop. Jag's are kinda like that. Your best bet would be to have the dealer put it on their scanner (Jag software) to see what is going on with the security system. It does sound odd to me that the security would keep the car running though, I can see it preventing start-up more than not letting it shut down.
Thursday, May 7th, 2009 AT 7:41 AM