1996 Isuzu Trooper Not starting

MLSSFSHN
  • 1996 ISUZU TROOPER
I was in a collision and rear ended the other driver. I damaged the vehicle in the front passanger headlight area and hood, I'm ok. I was able to drive of the road into a parking lot about 100 ft and turned off the engine. When I got back in to leave the engine would not start. Does this vehicle have a fuel kill switch and where is it located? I couldn't find any info in the owners manual.
Friday, March 20th, 2009 AT 5:54 PM

If its a fuel cut off switch I don't think you can move the vehicle for 100ft

I've checked it in the Mit1 there's no listing for it. Do below to determine if its fuel or spark problem.

Does the engine cranks over and refuses to start or won't crank at all/nothing-if its cranking do below and comeback with some results.

Get a starting fluid/ether/better off gas in a spray bottle and spray into the carb or the throttle body on an EFI. Did it start and die? If not disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel related problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel filter/fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. No snapping blue spark continue to troubleshoot the ignition system-power input to the coil/coil packs, distributor pick-up coil, ignition control module, cam and crank sensors- Note: If it doesn't apply disregard it
Friday, March 20th, 2009 AT 6:06 PM
MLSSFSHN
It does nothing. We couldn't get the hood open, not much time to check into things because my husband had to go to work. Will, check into it tomorrow and follow up if we need more info, thanks.
Friday, March 20th, 2009 AT 6:17 PM