1996 Isuzu Trooper car will start sometimes but dies

1996 Isuzu Trooper 6 cyl Four Wheel Drive Automatic 102000 miles

I have a 1996 isuzu trooper and when I was doing some light off-roading on a rough/rocky terrain it died on me. It was low gas so I thought it might have ran out of gas, but it started fine and I drove it to the gas station. After filling up with gas it didn't start, it would crank and attemp to start but would not start. Since I have replaced the fuel filter, added fuel injector cleaner, replace the cam shaft and crank shaft position sensors. It will sometimes start and run/drive for anywhere from 5-25min and die. After letting it set for like 2 days it drove about 25miles and then died and I let it sit for about 3 hours it started and died immediatly. The next morning it would still not start, but after letting it sit 2 days it started fine. I have tried to start it with starter fluid and it won't work, so think it is an electrical issue, or possibly air intake, but the air intake and filter looks fine. Also I had the free diagnostic done at autozone but their is no check engine light on and the diagnostic showed no codes. Any suggestions would help!

Tuesday, May 13th, 2008 AT 12:45 PM

I have tried to start it with starter fluid and it won't work,

Sounds ignition system problem-next time it stalls out do below immediately and tell me what happened.

Disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 ground it to the engine and have helper crank engine over-Do you have a snapping blue spark?

Also might want to check the fuel pressure normal readings is 42-55psi

Tuesday, May 13th, 2008 AT 5:01 PM