Immobilizer Light?

LOSTCLOUD
  • 2004 ISUZU RODEO
Electrical problem 6 cyl All Wheel Drive Automatic 63000 miles

When I turn my key the engine sounds as if it is going to start and then it turns off and the immobilizer light begins to blink. I took out the battery thinking that it was low, but it is not. I had to get a key made through the dealer, but the alarm switch did not come with it. They told me I would be able to use this key until the alarm came. They also told me that this 2004 rodeo does not have a chip in the key, so I should not have any problems with copies. How can I start my engine and turn off my immobilizer light?
Wednesday, April 2nd, 2008 AT 9:41 PM

HMARVEL
I recently purchased a 2004 rodeo and had to get a duplicate key made. The dealer told me that the key does indeed have a chip in it and if you try and use a non-chip duplicate, you may experience immobilizer problems. I would try to reset the system by following this guide.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-reset-a-security-system

Try a hard reboot of the security system.

Sunday, April 20th, 2008 AT 11:04 AM
LOSTCLOUD
Yep that worked great guide
Thursday, April 24th, 2008 AT 11:14 AM