1993 Isuzu Rodeo Question Vehicle misses won't go over 60 mp

RITZLIMO
  • 1993 ISUZU RODEO
I was coming back from a trip and it lost power and staerted to miss the last 40 miles.

Plugs, coils wires are fairly new, (less then 1000 miles) Compression check showed 180lbs except for the 4th and 6th cylinder, only 150lbs. No water in the oil. Car starts right up, just runs rough hot or cold. Blows out quite a bit of carbon when you first start it up. Average oil consumption for a car with that many miles.

I tried pulling plug wires to see if I notice any diference. Not much difference when I pulled 6, car died each time I pulled 3

I checked for vacum leaks, did not sean to be any, unpluged choke, throttle boddy sensor, pto se if there was any real difference, just variance in idle speeds.

I do not know waht other information I can give you.
Sunday, November 2nd, 2008 AT 2:04 PM

IMPALASS
Hello

Great info on the problem.........thanks. If I understand you correctly, 3 and 6 are the ones that give you the problem. Plugs 3 and 6 run off the same coil. I have attached the pic. The coil may be bad based off of what you say since they are on the same coil. If all the coils are the same which they look like, swap with the one next to it and see if the problem transfers to those two cylinders. That would show it's the coil.

Also have you check for codes? You could go to Auto Zone or O'Reilly's and for free they can pull the codes to the car. Most important. Once they check your codes, if they find something and you don't get it fixed and need to get back with us, please make sure you tell us exactly what the code was, number and all. Example, if the code was E0568 O2 Sensor bad. Then make sure you give us all of that. While there for free also they can bring their tester out and check your battery, alternator and starter.

I would also take a spray bottle of water and spray all over them while running and see if it acts up.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/248015_Coil_1.gif

PURPOSE
Provides high voltage necessary to ignite the combustion gas.

OPERATION
The electronic ignition system uses a waste spark method of distribution. For example, in this type of system the ignition control module triggers the #1-4 coil pair resulting in both #1 and #4 spark plugs firing at the same time #1 cylinder is on the compression stroke at the same time #4 is on the exhaust stroke, resulting in a lower energy requirement to fire #4 spark plug. This leaves the remainder of the high voltage to be used to fire #1 spark plug.
Sunday, November 2nd, 2008 AT 3:12 PM