1998 AMIGO 3.2 4WD FUEL PUMP/ECM ?

• beowulf
  • 1998 Isuzu

1998 Amigo 3.2L 112000mi. Manual Trans

Valve covers leak.I believe this caused my starter to go.(It starts about 1 out of 15 tries. Mostly just clicks). For various reasons I continued to use the vehicle in this condition.

Once warmed it would start fine, but after cooling I would repeatedly turn the ignition from on to start.

I was running very low on fuel and stopped to get some gas. I filled 12 gallons from empty. This was when it began to idle very rough. And died approximately 5 minutes later.

Examination revealed a blown fuel pump fuse. I swapped in a new fuse and used the relay from the A/C slot (same part#). The fuse has not blown again, nor has it started.

Fuel pump/level assembly = $300 + install. It would be nice if I could just reset the ECM or something else.

Thursday, October 25th, 2007 AT 1:37 PM

• Service Writer

It would be nice to have a magic wand wouldn't it!

Check the fuel pressure and volume of flow for a start. It is leaning towards pump by your description.

Sunday, October 28th, 2007 AT 8:12 PM