Is it my fuel pump, relay, fuse, etc?

ANDREWB0509
  • 1998 CHEVROLET BLAZER
My fiancée took my blazer to the bus stop to get our kids. She could not get it started back up. With the fuel pump connected to the vehicle, you can't here it kick on when you turn on the key. So I tried changing the pump and it didn't work. I hooked my original fuel pump to my 12 volt battery and it kicked on. I have also checked the relay (I had a friend show me where it was so I am not sure he was right). I am not sure where the fuse is. The wiring harness was broken by the previous owner but not fixed right so there was some corrosion. I cut off the corrosion and reattached it. Still didn't work. So where can I go next?
Thursday, February 27th, 2014 AT 7:57 PM

Is your gas tank steel or plastic? Have you checked for 12 volts and ground at the connector at the tank? You'll need a helper to check for 12 volts. You should only see it for one second after turning on the ignition switch. A test light is much more accurate for this than a voltmeter. If you don't have a helper, remove the fuel pump relay and bypass it, then you should have 12 volts back there all the time.
Thursday, February 27th, 2014 AT 8:52 PM