2001 Infiniti replaced brakes(Infiniti pads) and new rotors(

• 1 POST
  • 2001 INFINITI

Brakes problem
2001 Infiniti V6 Front Wheel Drive Automatic 70000 miles

Now have loud metal clanking sound coming from rear wheels. Purchased pads from infiniti. Fronts were same part#, rears changed part#. Infiniti said rear pads were changed some. When mechanic replaced he said they removed a flexible metal clip at back end of each pad (not sides). Made pad a little longer so it was same length inside caliper as before. Also took metal "rattle clips) off sides of old pads and put on new pads. Infiniti parts said no replacements for rattle clips can be purchased now. They were not sure whether they should even be used on new pads, but they fit and the mechanic put them back on. I took off wheel 2 weeks ago, looked normal to me, put back on wheels with lugs nuts and it stopped for a while. Now its back louder than ever. Rotors look smooth and are wearing fine. Brake lines were bled and I have engaged parking brake numerous times to try and adjust them tighter, thinking maybe then needed to be adjusted. Out of ideas? Help

Friday, November 30th, 2007 AT 9:51 PM

If all the parts were correct, then nothing should have to have been removed to make them fit, if I understand correctly. Are there any anti-rattle clips on them? I find it hard to believe that the clips arent available from somewhere. Check the caliper bolts and the bolts on the bracket that the caliper bolts to. Also look at the bushings on the caliper mount bolts to be sure they are intact

Saturday, December 1st, 2007 AT 8:42 AM