DRIVER'S DOOR LOCK - WON'T DISENGAGE

1991 Infiniti G20

icvans

September, 24, 2008 AT 6:49 PM

1991 Infiniti G20 4 cyl Two Wheel Drive Automatic 138000 miles

Someone please help me! About a week ago my wife got home from work and told me that all of a sudden the driver's side door won't unlock. Since then we've been coming in through the passenger side and it's incredibly annoying. I've tried keeping my left hand on the door handle and unlocking the passenger door (which makes all the locks in the car open) but even for that second that the driver's side door " unlocks" it still won't open.
We just got this car a few months ago. The previous owner installed an alarm system that was incredibly touchy. It used the horn as an alarm and it would go off for minutes on end - our neighbors left notes and in an act of despiration I took out the Horn fuse in the fusebox. However, that was about 3 weeks ago, so I'm hesitant to think that these 2 matters are related.

Someone please, please help. I would take this in somewhere but I'm new to L.A. And don't know of any mechanics I can trust and on top of that we're having a lot of trouble just paying rent on time, so a couple-hundred dollar mechanic's bill is the last thing I need right now.

Thanks,

icvans

Door Locks

Door Locks Are Not Working

Brake Light Bulb Replacement Mercedes Benz ML
Open Hood Video
Headlight Lens/Housing Replacement Mini
Wiper Blade Replacement Toyota Prius
Wiper Blade Replacement GMC Yukon
Windshield Wiper Blade Replacement Hummer H2