Idling too high when I start and stall when I accelerate

HABIB ADAM
  • 2000 KIA RIO
When I start the car, it idles low and jump to idle too high.I have loosed the adjuested screw on the throtle so that the idling speed will goes down but still it does respond. Beside when I accelerate, the engine stalls and a shoot sound comes from the throtle during the acceleration. Because of this I change the fuel pump for the first time and the sound comes but the engine does not run butter at first when the fault has not occur. But I try to use that. Badly, about a four(4) days latter, the fault has re-occur. When I checked the throtle position sensor, (voltage wire-3 and signal wire middle wire-3) I use digital clamp meter. And is this okey? Please help me solve this problem. Thanks!
Saturday, February 13th, 2016 AT 4:07 PM

WRENCHTECH
That was a big mistake to mess with the idle stop screw. The idle speed is controlled by the computer and not adjustable. Now you not only have to find the reason for the idle issue in the first place but you will have to pay a shop to set up the base idle stop again. The shop needs to start with scanning for codes and analyzing the sensor data to look for something out of parameter.
Sunday, February 14th, 2016 AT 5:10 AM