Misfiring and will not go over thirty mph codes P0306 and 01506

• 1 POST
  • 2003 FORD TAURUS

I have been working on the front end getting struts and CV axles put in so the car has been sitting for about three weeks as I do not have much time to work on it with work and a two year old son. I finally got it drive able again the other night so I took it for a test drive and it started misfiring like crazy and I could not get over thirty mph, I pulled the codes and came up with p0306 and 01506. According to what I have read I took the IAC off of another Taurus I have and nothing changed. I have dug into it a little bit and have found nothing out of the ordinary other then a bunch of oil leaks, all hoses seem fine with no leaks. What is the next step on trying to figure out this piece of junk car? Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Monday, January 23rd, 2017 AT 6:19 PM

As it has been setting. Go over all the wiring looking for rodent damage. They love to chew wiring. It causes a lot of problems and it only takes a small area of a hidden harness to drive you nuts hunting problems.
For the misfire, pull the plug and see if it is rusted. With the way the weather has been around the country it is possible that an open valve let in enough moisture to cause a problem.

Tuesday, January 24th, 2017 AT 5:37 AM