2001 Hyundai Tiburon Grinding

SWMN070
  • 2001 HYUNDAI TIBURON
When ever I shift into 1st at a slow roll it grinds as well as everytime I shift into second and sometimes third but most problems come for 2nd gear. I can push the clutch in and insted of pulling straight down I pull down half circle then down into second and it lets it go in nicer at a slow roll. But if I hitting on hit gettig up to highway speed it will grind bad in second. And if my car sits over night it sticks a bit in 1st.
Tuesday, July 29th, 2008 AT 12:55 PM

KLSHIEL
It sounds like your slutch may not be disengaging all the way. If it is hydralic check the master cylinder to be sure it is full. A mechanical linkage may also need to be adjusted.
Tuesday, July 29th, 2008 AT 1:07 PM
SWMN070

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/220314_BA07294171_2.jpg

Can this cylinder be adjusted or does it have to be replaced. and how much work is it to replace?
Tuesday, July 29th, 2008 AT 2:29 PM
KLSHIEL
If the linkage on the left is threaded then you can adjust it. Was your resivoir full? The only reason to change a component in a hydralic system is if it is leaking.
Tuesday, July 29th, 2008 AT 2:48 PM
SWMN070
Yea it is threaded. How do I adjust it? My Reservoir last checked was full and I checked it little while ago. Cause i've been having this problem for a little while now.
Tuesday, July 29th, 2008 AT 4:10 PM
KLSHIEL
Well to adjust it you want to make the linkage longer. It looks like the C clip to the left in the picture has a nut on it. If this nut is a part of the C clip you will have to un-hook the C clip from the peddal and turn the clip lefty loosy. If the nut turns independently just adjust it out. Just go a little bit at a time until your problem is fixed or you don't think it is doing anything. If you go to far you'll end up with a high peddle and when you press it in all the way you will be putting to much force on that cylinder.
Wednesday, July 30th, 2008 AT 8:05 AM