Fuel filter location?

GOBRVS
  • 2006 HYUNDAI SONATA
Where is the fuel filter located on a 2006 Sonata?
Saturday, April 26th, 2008 AT 5:38 PM

the fuel filter is in the tank here is a guide to help you see what to do to change it with diagrams below to show you how it will be on your car.

https://www.2carpros.com/articles/how-to-replace-an-electric-fuel-pump

Check out the diagrams (Below). Please let us know if you need anything else to get the problem fixed. Cheers
Saturday, April 26th, 2008 AT 6:12 PM
KORRYPETERSEN
  • 2002 HYUNDAI SONATA
2002 hyandia sonata 2.7 I changed tps because the car would not idle however now when u step on the gas and pit motor under pressure like a hill it back fires through the exhaust but it idles fine and I cant find the fuel filter
Monday, October 22nd, 2018 AT 8:29 PM (Merged)
The fuel filter is on the driver side of fuel tank, mounted on frame in fuel line. As far as the engine, check for vacuum leaks, check to make sure the catalytic converter isn't plugged and check fuel pump pressure. Also, the idle issue may be the IAC, idle air control valve.
WDEVOE
  • 2000 HYUNDAI SONATA
I see the same question asked about a 2002 but no answer. I would appreciate you helping me locate the fuel filter for my 2000 Sonata. Is there a specific procedure to follow for replacing the filter? Also I have purchased a replacement filter and it has two small metal washers with it, where are they installed?
Special procedures: You must relieve the fuel pressure.

2.4L disconnect the fuel pump harness in the trunk

2.5L disconnect the fuel pump harness under the rear seat

Then start vehicle till it stalls -now the pressure is relieved turn key off.

The fuel filter if its not near the fuel pump then its under the brake master cylinder up against the firewall.

The washer is the new seal when you disconnect the fuel filter
+1
WDEVOE
Thanks for the speedy reply, the filter isn't up front under master cylinder, I checked there first.
Monday, October 22nd, 2018 AT 8:30 PM (Merged)
My references Ondemand says if its not upfront its near the fuel pump-near the fuel pump can be a touchy subject inside or out-best bet is to investigate where back there.

Didn't mentioned whether its underneath along with the fuel lines. In todays vehicle they normally located inside the fuel tank with the fuel pump.
WDEVOE
I found it, it was along the fuel line fastened to the under body in front of the rear left wheel, under the rear left door. The pump wiring harness was accessable in the trunk where the back seat folds down. I didn't have much luck loosening the filter from the line. I wound up kinking the line and causing a leak. I now have a bigger problem and intend to drop the car off at a repair shop to repair the line. Thanks for your time and advise just the same.
TONY SMALLEY
I find it easier to just buy a few short lengths of double ended line to replace the line I know is going to break before I mess with it. Cost a few more $ but drasticly cuts your work time & you don't have to deal with rusty crap
RVJOHNSON
  • 2002 HYUNDAI SONATA
Other Category problem
2002 Hyundai Sonata 75,000 miles

Where is the fuel filter located and how does it come out.
DOLLARKORY
Probably in the tank. You would have to take the tank out to replace it.
EMCCRORY
On my 2001 model, its under the vehicle. Driver's side rear door, not too far from the outside of the body. Once I found it, it wasn't too hard to replace.
+1
BLUESGURU
  • 2000 HYUNDAI SONATA
Where is the fuel filter located and how is it changed?
Under the vehicle at the left front corner of the fuel tank.

http://www.2carpros.com/forum/automotive_pictures/12900_fp1_1.gif

FUEL FILTER REPLACEMENT
1.Reduce the internal pressure of the fuel lines and hoses and perform the following operations.
*Disconnect the fuel pump harness connector in the trunk room.
*Start the engine and, after it stops, turn the ignition switch to OFF .
*Disconnect the battery negative (-) terminal.
*Connect the fuel pump harness connector.
2.Remove the two fitting nuts while holding the fuel filter nuts securely.
3.Remove the fuel filter mounting bolts, and then remove the fuel filter from the fuel filter clamp. Tightening torque Fuel filter fining nut 25 - 35 Nm (250 - 350 kg.cm, 18 - 25 lb.ft)
DAN/CILA
  • 2005 HYUNDAI SONATA
I have to change my fuel filter but I can't find it. I looked it up in the library and it said it was underneath car by fuel tank but I couldn't find it. Can you please direct me in the right direction.
Thank you
Hi dan/cila and welcome to 2carpros

Remove the rear seat cushion and the access panel. Relieve the fuel system pressure by disconnecting the fuel pump module connector, then starting the engine and letting it run until it stalls. Turn the ignition off.

Step2 Disconnect the negative battery cable. Then, attach the fuel pump harness connector. Locate the fuel filter underneath the Sonata near the fuel tank. Disconnect the fuel supply and pressure lines. Remove the fuel filter bracket if your model has one, and then remove the fuel filter.

Step3 Install the new fuel filter and torque the mounting bolts to 18 to 25 ft-lbs. Replace the fuel filter bracket, if applicable, and then reattach the fuel supply and fuel pressure lines.

Step4 Reattach the negative battery cable. Start the engine of your Hyundai Sonata, check for leaks, and fix any you find.
STANLEYESIMMONS
  • 2002 HYUNDAI SONATA
When my sonata's fuel gets below 1/3 tank and I make a sharp right hand turn it starts to miss but the engine light does not come on. Also lately when you turn the switch to start the car it cranks probaly 2 seconds before it starts. I can not find fuel filter. Could it be the fuel pump.
The filter is on the driver's side near the fuel tank. It is mounted on the floor boards under the vehicle. It may be plugged or your fuel gauge may be off. If the car runs good at other times, I would say the pump is good.
+1
VYMCALI
  • 2000 HYUNDAI SONATA
2000 Hyundai Sonata 4 cyl Automatic 185000 miles

my car seems to drop in rpms when im driving

it also seems to want to quit when I stop at lights or stop signs
Monday, October 22nd, 2018 AT 8:31 PM (Merged)
Inspect and test the throttle position sensor and the mass airflow sensor-also the fuel pressure