2000 Hyundai Sonata Fuel filter

WDEVOE
  • 2000 HYUNDAI SONATA
I see the same question asked about a 2002 but no answer. I would appreciate you helping me locate the fuel filter for my 2000 Sonata. Is there a specific procedure to follow for replacing the filter? Also I have purchased a replacement filter and it has two small metal washers with it, where are they installed?
Sunday, January 13th, 2008 AT 6:38 AM

Special procedures: You must relieve the fuel pressure.

2.4L disconnect the fuel pump harness in the trunk

2.5L disconnect the fuel pump harness under the rear seat

Then start vehicle till it stalls -now the pressure is relieved turn key off.

The fuel filter if its not near the fuel pump then its under the brake master cylinder up against the firewall.

The washer is the new seal when you disconnect the fuel filter
+1
Sunday, January 13th, 2008 AT 7:44 AM
WDEVOE
Thanks for the speedy reply, the filter isn't up front under master cylinder, I checked there first.
Sunday, January 13th, 2008 AT 7:57 AM
My references Ondemand says if its not upfront its near the fuel pump-near the fuel pump can be a touchy subject inside or out-best bet is to investigate where back there.

Didn't mentioned whether its underneath along with the fuel lines. In todays vehicle they normally located inside the fuel tank with the fuel pump.
Sunday, January 13th, 2008 AT 3:39 PM
WDEVOE
I found it, it was along the fuel line fastened to the under body in front of the rear left wheel, under the rear left door. The pump wiring harness was accessable in the trunk where the back seat folds down. I didn't have much luck loosening the filter from the line. I wound up kinking the line and causing a leak. I now have a bigger problem and intend to drop the car off at a repair shop to repair the line. Thanks for your time and advise just the same.
Sunday, January 13th, 2008 AT 11:00 PM
TONY SMALLEY
I find it easier to just buy a few short lengths of double ended line to replace the line I know is going to break before I mess with it. Cost a few more $ but drasticly cuts your work time & you don't have to deal with rusty crap
Tuesday, June 14th, 2016 AT 7:49 AM